All Day Long Cardigan | ENGLISH | Knitting Pattern
This pattern is in English.
This cardigan is knitted seamlessly in a top-down raglan technique with a 1 x 1 rib stitch. It makes it easy to try it on along the way, so you can customize it to fit your body and end up with the perfect sleeve and body length for you. Slightly oversized with feminine silhouette.
The body is knitted flat, while the sleeves are knitted in the round. You begin by knitting the yoke at the same time making a raglan increase until the project is divided between the body and the sleeves. As of this point each part of the project is knitted separately. The body is finished with a double-knitted edge band using a seamless technique. Sleeves have a decorative patter that is achieved by symmetrical increase and decrease of stitches.
SIZE GUIDE AND MEASUREMENTS
This cardigan is designed to have approx. 28 cm [11 inches] of positive ease, meaning it is designed to be 28 cm [11 inches] larger in circumference than your bust measurement.
Available sizes: S ( M ) L
The sizes S ( M ) L are designed to fit approx. bust circumference of 80-88 (88-96) 96-104 cm [ 31-35 (35-38) 38-41 in ]
Before beginning your project, measure yourself to determine which size will fit you the best. For example, if you measure 90 cm [35½ inches] around your bust (or around the widest part on your upper body) you should knit a size M. A size M sweater has a bust circumference of 130 cm [39.5 inches] which in the given example would give you 34cm [13.5 inches] of positive ease.
- Bust circumference: 116 ( 124 ) 130 cm [ 45 ( 49 ) 52.75 in ]
- Length: measured mid-back excluding edge band 75 ( 80 ) 85 cm [ 29.5 ( 31.5 ) 33.5 in ]
gauge (after blocking) 10 cm (4 in) x 10cm (4 in), 11 s x 13 r in a 1×1 rib stitch pattern (k1, p1) on 9mm (US13) needles
YARN, KNITTING NEEDLES, OTHER ACCESSORIES
- Snefnug by CaMaRose 50g/110m, total yardage needed ~ S (M) L 350(400) 450g, colour 7811 Snehvid
- Cotton Merino by Katia, 50gr/105m , Puno by Gepard, 50gr/110m, Feeling Good Yarn by Wool and the Gang, 50gr/130m
- knitting needles: circular needles 9mm (US13), 7mm, 5mm (US8) ( can also use 5mm (US8) double pointed needles for the sleeve ribbing) cables: 100cm, 50cm
- other accessories: tapestry needle, 8 markers, 2 interchangeable cables or pieces or yarn to be used as the holders for sleeves’ stitches, elastic thread
- Language: English
- Difficulty level: intermediate
- check classification here
- It is a digital product. Instant PDF download includes access code to the protected website section with the pattern. Access code is sent instantly once payment is confirmed.
- Pattern is available on this site.
- because you care, no PDFs, no printing, no trees cut down
- it is a digital product, therefore it is not possible to return it and claim a refund.
- Each technique used in the pattern has its dedicated video tutorial ❤️ all tutorials are available for free on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/handmadestateofmind
- list of all techniques used in the pattern is available inside the pattern with the links to the respective tutorials
Check our FAQ for more information.