Basic Cardigan | ENGLISH | Knitting Pattern
This pattern is in English.
Basic Cardigan has a classic design perfect for casual outfits.
This cardigan is knitted top-down in stockinette stitch. First, the neckline and shoulders are shaped while knitting flat. Then the stitches are divided between the body and sleeves and you continue knitting the body flat. Then sleeves are knitted in the rounds using seamless technique. You use this method also to knit both the neckband and the edge band. Ribbing both in the body and in the sleeves as well as the neckband are knitted with a 1x1 rib stitch pattern and bound off with a tubular bind off for an elastic effect. Edge band is also knitted with a 1x1 rib stitch pattern but the stitches are bound off using classic bind off technique to help it keep the shape overtime.
SIZE GUIDE AND MEASUREMENTS
Available sizes: XS (S) M (L) XL
The sizes XS (S) M (L) XL are designed to fit approx. bust circumference of 80-85 (85-90) 90-95 (95-100) 100-110 [30.5-33.5 (33.5-35.5) 35.5-37.5 (37.5-39.5) 39.5-43.5 in].
Before beginning your project, measure yourself to determine which size will fit you the best. For example, if you measure 90 cm [35½ inches] around your bust (or around the widest part on your upper body) you should knit a size M. A size M sweater has a bust circumference of 104 cm [48.75 inches] which in the given example would give you 14 cm [13.5 inches] of positive ease.
- Bust circumference: 96 (100) 104 (110) 116 cm [ 37.75 ( 39.5 ) 41 (43,25) 45.75 in ]
- Length: measured mid back excluding the neckband 50 (52) 53 (54) 55 cm [ 19.75 ( 20.5 ) 20.75 (21.25) 21.65 in ]
gauge 10 cm (4 in) x 10(4 in) cm, 16 s x 22 r in stockinette stitch on 4.5mm (US7) needles
- Row 1: knit across
- Row 2: purl across
YARN, NEEDLE, OTHER ACCESSORIES
- Snefnug by CaMaRose 50g/110m, total yardage needed ~ XS (S) M (L) XL 325 (350) 375 (400) 425 g, colour 7329 Marinebla,
- knitting needles:
- circular needles 4.5mm (US7) and 3.5mm (US4) or optionally double pointed needles 3.5mm (US4) for the cuffs
- cable: 2x50cm ( sleeves and neckband), 1x80-120cm ( edge band and body, the final length should depend on the size you knit)
- other accessories: tapestry needle, 4 markers, 5-6 buttons
- Language: English
- Difficulty level: intermediate
- check classification here
- It is a digital product. Instant PDF download includes access code to the protected website section with the pattern. Access code is sent instantly once payment is confirmed.
- Pattern is available on this site.
- because you care, no PDFs, no printing, no trees cut down
- it is a digital product, therefore it is not possible to return it and claim a refund.
- Each technique used in the pattern has its dedicated video tutorial ❤️ all tutorials are available for free on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/handmadestateofmind
- list of all techniques used in the pattern is available inside the pattern with the links to the respective tutorials
Check our FAQ for more information.